Wednesday, October 13, 2010





















For my water reflections oil pastel, I placed my flower ring in the glass. There aren't many things that I could really think of to place in the water, but the ring seemed to fit the idea pretty well. It was unique and original, as well as colorful and a bit silly(who would think of putting a really big flower as a ring?). I thought it kind of described me and how I'm unique in my own way(if you notice on the final picture up above my explanation, some of the little crystal-like pieces in the center are missing) and like to have fun with color.

2 comments:

  1. I think you understood the symbolism of the drawing. You achieved a sence of transparency with the water. It really glows. The same steps you took here go for all artwork. The next stage would be oil paint but you can explore the possibilities in oil pastel. Same thing,more control . Did the same thing myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you painted the water in oil pastel. And the water is so realistic! :)

    ReplyDelete