Thursday, November 11, 2010

Black on Black Reflection

I really did not like using the pallet knife to be honest. It was not something that I enjoyed to use because I have not used oil paints many times to get used to the way oil paint lays, but it was a different experience that I would like to try again at some other point. What surprised me was how trying it was to keep the colors from mixing or getting the details I could add correct. It frustrated me that the picture had so little detail compared to my others, but it was a stimulating experience, because it was so totally different from the art I have previously done. To overcome this frustration, I switched my perspective of what I was actually doing, and instead of saying I was using less details, I was trying a different point of view. I learned that switching one's point of view could really help with overcoming the frustration of doing something that you wouldn't normally want to do under any circumstances.

1 comment:

  1. you made a very , very important observation.Well done. Time to move on to the next and take what we have learned with you.

    ReplyDelete